Have you ever envied a mother who is always upbeat and seems to have her life in control all the time? She seems to have all the answers and in spite of having children has her house cleaned and has a variety of foods every day? You know.. on one hand, you are struggling and this other mom seems to be excelling in being a mommy!
Well, first relax. Its normal for you to feel that and every mommy once a while, goes through this. You cannot predict the future and hence cannot know how your body will be post delivery or will you be able to handle everything alone. Although having a helping hand is always beneficial, BUT if you don’t have one – ITS OK. You can take care of everything alone as well – but you just need to breathe and take one day at one time.
” A happy mother builds a happy home “
Some things to remember if you are a new mom are –
- Unless you care about yourself – you will not feel 100%.
- Your body takes up to a year to get back to its pre-pregnancy state hormonally
- If you are a feeding mother – your first periods after your delivery may resume anytime from 3 – 9 months of time. Remember – to keep using precautions; unless you plan to conceive soon again
- The supplements that you took during your pregnancy will start wearing its effects by 3rd of 4th-month post pregnancy.
- This is when you will start experiencing hair fall, extreme body pain or fatigue, muscle weakness and dark skin
- Continue taking iron, calcium, and multivitamins on a daily basis at least till your baby turns 1 year of age
- Have a diet rich in protein, Vitamin A, C, D, calcium, iron, and fiber
Some secret successful habits of a happy mother that you should adopt NOW and implement –
- Believe that its OK – I know it does get overwhelming when you know; you don’t have anyone to turn to. Beleive, that you will pull out of this. Every battle is won or lost first in your mind and then on the battlefield. So, prepare well soldier 🙂
- Get some fresh Air– staying in the same room with 4 walls around you, kind of makes one stressed out, go out and get some fresh air. You will feel refreshed and full of energy
- Many women let go of themselves after having a baby, and it is totally understandable as well. You are feeding the baby constantly and waking up every night million times is not fun. Ask for help if required
- Plan a picnic or a one day trip on the weekend – it’s so important to connect with your spouse and kids other than just completing your mundane family life
- Catch up on your sleep. You can’t function with 4 hours of sleep and expect to be happy the next day.
- Have a date night with children – take your girl or your boy out alone. Watch a movie, have a nice sumptuous dinner and unwind with your child
- Don’t compare – the other mother may be perfect and so are you. Do not compare and do not try to go beyond and do better than her. Everyone has their own life – just like you do. Breathe, relax and let go. No one is going to get a medal for being the best wife or the best mother.
- Stay positive – Look at situations from a positive perspective. This will change the way you perceive situations.
- Be selfish – take some time out and spend it in a beauty parlor pampering yourself. If you cannot do this – let your husband take care of the baby for some time; while you go out (even if that’s just 15 minutes) and spend some time alone.
- Try meditation – If you are unable to go out, try meditation
- Forgive – did someone say something, do something mean or judge you for being inadequate? That’s OK. Continue remaining true to yourself. Forget, forgive and move on. Let karma handle the bad and ugly
- Romance your husband – women usually forget this after graduating to motherhood. Don’t let the spark die and keep it shining.
- Talk – Talk your favorite people once a day. Maybe it’s your mother, sister, your neighbor or your friend – call and let them know your worries. Ask for a solution or help. If you do not have anyone, join a facebook group. Engaging with women just like you – can help you relax
So, that’s all the tips that I have implemented, and found success – Share any tips that have worked for you?
If you liked what you just read – don’t forget to leave your comments for me – like and share with anyone you know who needs to read this today.
Subscribe to my blog – to keep receiving notification of when any new article is posted on the blog. Until next time – God Bless and Take Care. Stay in touch 🙂