Holi is the beautiful festival celebrated in India in the month of March every year. When we think of Holi, we think about vibrant gorgeous colors, playful water-guns and balloons, faces smeared with the conglomeration of colors. The markets are flooded with mouth watering sweets. Although that’s the traditional way of celebrating Holi. In this post, I will tell you some 6 Unique ways of Celebrating Holi with kids.
6 Unique ways of Celebrating Holi with kids
Hindus believe that spring is full of colors so they throw colored water on each other. From lighting the Holika bonfire, to playing colors, to visiting with friends and family, Holi is a wonderful celebration to bring the community together and celebrate the triumph of good over evil. The legend commemorated by the festival of Holi involves an evil king named Hiranyakashipu. The burning of Holika is celebrated as Holi. According to some accounts, Holika begged Prahlad for forgiveness before her demise, and he decreed that she would be remembered every year at Holi.
Holi is one of those festivals that gets everyone excited from children to adults. So, here is my 6 Unique ways of Celebrating Holi with kids
1. Celebrate it with natural colors – Keep your child away from chemically induced colors as they can lead to irritation, skin diseases and eye infections. Opt for organic and natural colors that are easily available in the market. Natural colors are easy to wash off and cause less harm to the skin. You can also make natural colors at home using natural ingredients. Watch this video to know more.
2. Celebrating it with flowers – Playing holi with flowers is the most adorable way to celebrate this festival. Use flower petals to play an eco-friendly holi. Boost your celebrations with songs and dance cheerfully on the beats. But do not dump the used flowers in water, just throw them in dustbin.
3. Burn environmental-friendly waste – Use the scraps like waste boxes, cow-dung, coconut waste, etc. instead of wood for holi bonfire. This will save precious trees from getting cut for it to take care of our environment.
4. Be kind to animals – It is so sad, that when people try to harm the animals in the name of celebrations. Animals skin cannot bear the effects of colors. Children need to be taught that animal cruelty is not acceptable.
5. Dance and Sing – Instead of playing with colors, break the traditional way, and try to celebrate it with songs and dance. Wear traditional dresses, look your best, and dance away in traditional songs from your region.
6. Celebrate at a age old home or an orphanage – How would it be if you became the reason of someone’s smile ? Visit and celebrate Holi at a age old home or an orphanage this year and bring a difference to someone’s life.
If you liked this article – do not forget to like, share and comment on it. Do let me know what do you think about 6 Unique ways of Celebrating Holi with kids ?
Happy Holi to you and your family 🙂 Enjoy every colour of Holi and u will get every happiness u desire. Enjoy every moment.
Until next time – take care, stay connected with me and God Bless.
“This post is written as a part of the #AlexaTheIncredible campaign hosted by #womenbloggerwb”