“The whole world opened up to me when I learned to read” – Mary McCleod Bethune
The value of reading cannot be stressed enough in young kids, and as parents, we need to ensure that we provide avenues for kids to make every day reading a special preference.
Multiple studies over the years have proven how reading benefits young minds and how it has many benefits.
Benefits of reading –
- exercise for the children’s brain
- improves concentration
- increase vocabulary
- fuels and develops children’s imagination
- Reading helps kids to relate to the situation in the book
- kids who read often, do well in school
- Reading is fun!
Creating Readers for life with NEEV!
The Neev Literature Festival (NLF), an annual event hosted at the Neev Academy, celebrates the books that spark the joy of reading. The festival brings together children, authors, educators, parents, and all those who engage with children and children’s literature.
All children are unique and every child has their own unique reading styles and genres’ and that is why NEEV’s foremost specialist readers have curated a very special list of their favorite books for the little children.
Neev Literature Festival 2019
NLF 2019 aims to amalgamate this in with deeper discussions, shorter discussions, book readings, workshops for children, parents & teachers/librarians, the marketplace, and NEEV’s flagship Book Award.
The festival will highlight Indian writers who break beyond the normal, examining the changing world of stories, assuring that all the discussions take place during this festival are appropriate for children’s writing and reading.
What can you expect at The Neev Literature Festival?
- Workshops for Children, Teachers / Librarians & Parents – Workshops for children, teachers and librarians will continue like each year, and this time there is a workshop for parents.
- Panel Discussions – The discussions will be taken around the importance of literature in children’s life. The broad themes are categorized as – reading, history, and futurist and building bridges in literature. The conversations will cover all aspects of the themes.
- Interactive Sessions – Last year NEEV received quite a lot of feedback and this part builds on last year’s feedback. This feedback was from children, parents, authors, illustrators, and librarians. The sessions will take a tour of many short and entertaining themes interactively. There will be discussions on book launches, sharing stories, quizzes, and many more activities.
- Book Readings – Readers will share their favourite excerpts, illustrations, back-stories and more. There will be so much to look forward to in this part.
- Marketplace – Last year NEEV had over 5000 titles for all ages, genres, and readers. This year, the book exhibition at NLF 2019 promises will be even better and bigger
When is NEEV 2019 ?
Read and Know more about NEEV at – HERE
You can visit NEEV on 20th and 21st September 2019.
Thank you for reading
If you liked this article – Like, share and comment on it. Subscribe to our blog to receive notifications when a NEW post is published.
**Disclaimer – images used in this article are NOT my property and have been used only for the sole purpose of a reference **
This is a personal blog that chronicles my own experiences/research. Readers must take proper medical advice (if any discussed above) before trying anything at home.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Princy Khurana (@clanpedia) with proper and specific direction to the original content.