With a thumping toddler at my house, I am always bewildered and short of ideas of NOW what next?? How do I keep her engaged? How do I NOT make her shout and scream?? Happens with you too??
Ah! See I am not alone and so I goggled because that seemed like the most logical step, but I didn’t like what I got. So, I called my mother in law. She is perfection in a human being – I can tell you that!
So, here is the secret list she gave me that kept her boys busy while she attended a host of guest’s everyday at our house.
- Use your old lipsticks and nail paints – So, instead of just tossing them in the garbage, I sit with my toddler with a huge chart and let her go crazy coloring with my lipsticks or nail paints. Caution – Ensure that YOU stay with the child always! You know how they like to put everything in their mouth!!
- Give them vegetables – sounds silly? Not at all. Start with onions and potatoes… Do you know what you can do with these?? You can teach counting, sorting, coloring, alphabets too!!! Who knew!! phewww !!
- Take their help organizing your kitchen – sounds fun?? Or scary!! I was too.. so this is what I did – I let my toddler get into my cutlery closet, she banged them, played with them, tried to stack them – easy 1 hour gone ! And then next time, sit and let them stack all that again J Give them spoons or bowls to be kept in their stands.
- Dance and sing – It’s never easy to lose weight… Right? Yes kind of I’ll agree; but you know you can keep yourself active with this. Dancing is a great way to lose weight … engage with your toddler as you sing away rhymes and do pretty actions along with it. You can even sneak in a dance video that you both can dance too. While the toddler will enjoy the music and the me time with you ; you will gradually get back in shape J
- Give them little chores around the house – this helps them remain busy while you get a little helper. Kids tend to learn so much while they mirror us and every action done with them hones their skills. This is all what my daughter tells helps me with –
- Take milk packets out and keep them in the fridge
- Put shoes back on to the shoe stand
- Help mummy put soiled clothes in washing machine
- Keep dirty utensils in the kitchen
Please remember to stay with your child at all times as you help with them with activities or chores. What do you do to keep your toddler busy all day?
Like this blog if you liked what I have written and leave your comments and I promise to get back to you – also follow my blog to keep receiving updates about the new articles I write.
Thank you for stopping by and reading this. God bless!